Wednesday 14 March 2012

Making of the Digipak Inside panel 2

3 out of 6 panels has already been designed, Mark designed the first inside panel so I was allocated the second inside panel. Looking at all that has been designed so far you can tell the artwork has a strong influence of nature in the digipak, which is exactly what our group was going for. So I decided to go into a large forest in my area and photograph the landscape to use for Inside panel 2.
When I downloaded all the images I had taken, I then selected the one I would use for the digipak. The photo of the path alongside the lake with trees as its frame of the image I selected(on the left) to be the second inside panel.
I thought It was a really nice and sound picture to use you can see the reflection of the trees in the water, which introduced an interesting dimension. of course I couldn't leave the image naturally this way, since I would have to match it by editing it to the concept established in the rest of the digipak panels so far.


I used the same effect in the front cover making the the photo black and white, in addition to sharpening the image by 50%, to achieve more definition into the individual spikes of the grass and other parts of the landscape to come to life.

The next thing I did was changing the sky orange, to tie in with the rest of the colour scheme of the digipak. Originally it was the path in the centre of the image I made it turquoise. However, that made it look really odd, but I knew this image only needed a spot of colour to complete it.

At the end, I added the Riddle Records logo on to the bottom right corner, this also matched the accurate colouring of the sky. In comparison to the other panels this took the shortest time, maybe as I go on, the designing gets easier and the concept feels like its getting stronger that way once it is established to the the designer. I feel more clear and confident in what we want to achieve of our final digipak.



Inside panel 2 will be used behind the CD, so using Microsoft Publisher to combine the two as what it would look like together. I am thrilled with the results of the inside panel accentuating the CD beautifully, and all the colour fit really well together!


What do you think of them together?

No comments:

Post a Comment