Thursday 1 March 2012

Intial Branding: Audience feedback

I surveyed 10 people who like to listen to indie music to answer the questionnaire as my audience research. I gained a lot of quality feedback on the question related to the name of the song, the artist name, the album and whether they liked the tone of the song.
I gathered some of the quotes that I got from replies over emails on the questionnaire I had sent out.

These are some of the comment on the name of the solo indie artist, ‘Oliver Fox’:-
‘I like that his last name is Fox, it adds appeal.’
‘I would definitely associate a cool name like that to indie artist’
‘I think is name that would resonate with everyone’
‘His name sounds like it would be popular, and I think he’d be a cool dude!’
‘Oliver Fox sounds genuine I wish I could rock a name like that’

Everyone that i interviwed said yas to listening to indie nusic regulry, so this is good to know that thier judgement can be based on the current fashion of indie music, artist and their musical material such as albums.



Here are their thoughts on the album name…
‘The album name is unlike any other name I never heard used before which is unique and dramatic’
‘I don’t get much from the name unrest, I don’t think I like it very much’
‘I thought unrest sounds a little bit on the dreary side’
‘I kinda like the album name, unrest is ambiguous and alluring I would by the album under this name because I would want to know more behind the name’
‘I think its ok, my only thing is that the general buyers of indie music might find it odd and result in not buying such an album’
 ‘I don’t like indie music, but I guess the name sounds good.’ 

These are their thoughts on the tone of the song.
‘I like it is fun but very calm and really true indie music’
‘It’s a great song about heartbreak I think it works well under the name you had in mind’
‘I’m a fan of indie music, and I listen to it regularly, Noah + the Whales songs are easy listening. Sometimes people find it hard to understand their plots, but if you produce a good video, then it will be evident.’
‘I think this is more of a positive upbeat song based on the tone of the song I don’t think it works being sad and depressed’ .
I value all of the comments made in the key areas surrounding the names of the artist, album and overall tone, a lot of the what was said were valid comments such as the tone of the song may not be a depressing song or comments about the artist name having a lot of edge and authenticity of a real indie artist. From this audience research I can finally move forward with confidence that the majority had a positive response to the decisions we made.

No comments:

Post a Comment