Saturday 3 March 2012

Making of the Digipak front panel

In one of my former posts I designed the singles cover as practise, in that post I made a collage theme one. This is the idea I would like to develop further into the front panel of the Digipak, what I didn't show in that post was the the individual images I cropped into small stripes.

Here in order of the cover are the images that Hannah in our group took on her vacation to Ireland. I was mesmerised by the quality of the images and the beauty of different nature photos taken inspired the name of our artist and music video to make it into a workable concept as the album/digipaks official artwork.

   
I used this images twice as the first and second image in the collage; the first is the section of the sheep's head and of his legs and some of his arm. then in the section I took only a section of the grass and added a shiny effect to the appearance. 
Here is a DVD`cover of the film 'Midnight in paris' this is  marvellous example of intertextuality with the use of Vincent Van Gogh's famous painting 'Starry Night' edited into the background sky of the cover in reference to the artist who was born in Paris.
I loved the idea of incorporating artist work if it relates to to theme of the story or in this instance the artists album and his first single is about love, so I thought to use this beautiful painting by the greatest artist of all time Salvador Dali. This is 'The Rose' I thought this was a powerful image and many people recognise his work and the rose in the landscape is a conceptual demonstration of our nature inspired artist.

Here is a photo of Hannah the actress for our video. Even though their is no physical nature surrounding her, you can see that the wind is tussle of her hair beautifully i think this ties is so well with our concept. And her section in the art work is so present its where your eye go to first, because of her bright blue eyes. 
The fifth image in the cover, I deliberately took the centre where the sun beams most significantly. I thought the colours was a wonderful layer of a bright yellow, orange-red, and thick strip above a periwinkle blue.
This image isn't so obvious, but the image as a whole is certainly interesting i like the fossil, cryptic detailing. Again I cropped this image from the centre with the deep red-purple lines surrounding the empty circle in the ground.

This is a photograph of a colourful cluster of sleeping pills in relation to the album first single 'Nights of Broken Sleep'

This is one of my favourite sections of the collage, because I take the collection of pebbles and rocks at the bottom of the photo. I thought the colours of them were unique there is some sublime greens, yellow, cooper red and of course different shades of some interestingg greyish rocks among the lot.

Another powerful sighting of the the sun going down, I was reminded of fire looking at this image. There is underlying burn and igniting excitement in photograph of the sun.
This is a great picture of vivid movement of the mounds of fishes huddled in a circular fashion, when you you look at it I get a sudden rush because of the fluidity of the image this is a another extraordinary depiction of nature in the world of underwater.

The reason why I have made the cover for the digipak in multiple strips of different images because each image is a reflection of his story and the songs from his debut album, this was the inspiration behind the idea for the front panel of the album. Hopefully as I work on the other panels of the digipak that it will match the theme and design of the front cover successfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment