Wednesday 14 March 2012

Making of the Digipak back panel

Finally, we are here the back panel of the digipak...more like the closing chapter of it all! The back panel was designed by Hannah, the songs in the first one were devised by Mark, which most of it has been changed in the final making of the back panel. Hannah choose an intricate tree like black and white illustration. I liked it because there was an area to place the track list down the empty patch on the left. 
The back panel also includes a barcode that you see on all digipaks when sold in music stores for purchasing. This also includes the artist website oliver fox.net and the important addition of the fact 'All rights reserved' labelled above the bacode with a copyright symbol.
The back panel was transferred to my usb be to make any needed adjustments to fit the rest of the digipak. So I made some alternative outcomes to what Hannah established in her design.
In this experiment, I changed the black outlines to the dark blue I've been using throughout the digipak. This was to see if the appearance would look as good in colour, and I must admit the blue doesn't compare to the striking black detailing.

My second experiment was replacing some of the empty blots in the tree with the colour from our colour scheme.

No comments:

Post a Comment