Wednesday 2 November 2011

How has Web 2.0 evolved from Web 1.0?

I have included a simple table on the  evolution of the web from Web 1.0 to Web 2.0 where we are now. It was an interesting day in media as we dig deep into the meaning behind Web 2.0 and how its the next generation of the Internet. how is has become easy for us not only to inform, for what myself and millions of people having the power to construct our use of the web to interact and most importantly connect with the world.

I think it is the most popular and fascinating thing the web and how it plays a massive part in our usage we spend hours on end. For example  blogging, looking at Facebook profiles, listening and downloading music and how can i forget the huge popularity of apps. What they all have in common is the fact it is free.

This brings me to the focus of our media lesson today, as we introduced to Assistant Professor of Anthropology Micheal Wesch. Well Mr Wesch is famous for releasing a video on YouTube on January 31 2007, which quickly became the most popular video in the blogshere. Intrestingly topped American Superball promos and commercial, that cost over 3 million dollars to produce. Against a Micheal Wesch's costless video designed on a home desktop out does big time production companies. 

I think I am not alone when I say on the power of users is uncomprehensible, and it will continue more update it self, and refreshing for further user connection in around the world!




Do watch an insightful video (above) about the opinions on the vision of students today. I can share one statement was "I will be studying a subject that won't exist in the near future".

No comments:

Post a Comment